Video Link: http://youtu.be/3cbPk7rrIv8
Go Feeds is an Andriod application which currently acts as a Feed Reader for the stage feeds provided by Go. It lists all the activity on a give stage and highlights a passing build differently from a broken or cancelled build.
The goal of the Andriod app is to make it a sophisticated Mobile client to the Go server, and provide SMS like notifications on broken builds, ability to trigger/cancel build and quickly share information about the current state of the CI from your Andriod phone.
This is an open source app hosted on Github. Below are steps to try out the app which is still in early stages of development. The video below provides a quick demo. The app is currently not on the Andriod Market, but I have attached the application (CITracker.apk) if you would like to try it out.
Please email me if you have idea for adding features or would want to contribute to the app.
This code works on Andriod 2.2 SDK and has been developed on IntelliJ IDEA 10 Community Edition.
The idea project files are included along with the Runtime configurations and should directly launch the emulator if the Andriod 2.2 SDK and simulator are installed on the system.
When the app launches, following information is needed.
- A valid Go server installation with at least one pipeline setup
- A valid username , password with view permissions to at least one pipeline on the configured Go Sever.
- Name of one Active pipeline
Launch the Application
- Hit Menu
- Goto Preferences
- Add all of the above information. You can add multiple pipelines separated by commas.
Current progress on the app:
- I have managed to a get a feed reader/client for the Go stage feeds. It works using a standard SAX parser.
I tried others but nothing manages to give decent performance on a mobile phone.
- The focus of the code has been to make best use of the ListActivity/ ListView provided by the andriod SDK. as per the Google I/O
presentation on "World of ListViews"
- Ability to configure URL and Add new pipelines.
Continuing work on :
- Ability to not have to relogin when taken to browser view on a specific stage.
- Converting to a Andriod background Service, which polls the feeds and Alerts on special conditions. (Build pass/ break etc)
- Breaking down feeds at a Stage level, filtering or specific feeds.
- Auto completions for Configuration settings.