Would be nice to be able to add custom rules to those which GO already uses to verify correctness when creating/changing pipelines/config. We spend a fair amount of time verifying pipelines are adhering to the conventions we have determined best fit what we are trying to do. This overhead can be costly and requires a fair amount of discipline. If it were built into the tool by admins it would greatly reduce the follow-up and refactoring required. These could cover everything from pipeline/stage/job naming to the type of tasks you can use to the structure of the entire pipeline workflow.
- flag any pipeline in the "Prod" pipeline group that do not contain the word "Prod" in their name
- flag any pipeline in the Dev/SIT/UAT/Prod group that has more than 1 upstream material
- flag any pipeline in the "Prod" group that uses a agent resource tag that is not in a certain group (e.g. "Prod Agents")
- flag any pipeline in the "Prod" group that does not have an immediate upstream pipeline from the UAT group
- flag any pipeline in the "Prod" group that is not using a template
- flag any pipeline in the "Prod" group that is not using the same template as the immediate upstream pipeline
- flag any tasks that contain a "delete" command
Obviously, there are endless possibilities here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.